[sr-dev] Compilation defaults for git code

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Oct 15 09:54:03 CEST 2009

On Oct 15, 2009 at 03:14, Jan Janak <jan at ryngle.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Jan Janak <jan at ryngle.com> wrote:
> >
> > We have DBG_QM_MALLOC enabled by default in the git repository which I
> > think is good, however, the value of memdbg is set to L_DBG and the
> > value of debug is set to L_WARN by default. This means that unless you
> > explicitly configure memdbg in your configuration file, you'll see all
> > the memory debugging messages and it is a *a lot* of text.
> >
> > You can disable memory debugging messages by setting the value of
> > memdbg higher than debug, but I pretty much always forget to do it.
>
> Here I forgot to mention that you also have to set memlog or
> mem_summary in the configuration file if you do now want to see the
> long memory statistics dump. Even with just two modules and a very
> simple configuration file the statistics is pretty dump is pretty big.

Try mem_summary set to 2 (2 should be the default once we test it a
little more).

It's good to have at least mem_summary=2 information, maybe that way more
people will cleanup on mod_destroy and we will be able to spot memleaks
easier (some code in the core, like the fixups part, needs also some
work).

Andrei