[sr-dev] Meeting Minutes, Berlin 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:00:04 CEST 2009

On 13.10.2009 7:47 Uhr, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Greger Viken Teigre writes:
>
>  > Sounds a
>  > bit similar to a linux distro being released using a non-released kernel
>  > version.
>
> good analogy.  in fact we could call sr_3.0 sip-router kernel release.

if you do this analogy, then the kernel is the core+tm and the modules
are the applications, since there are different versions of several
modules, different tools around them. sr_3.0 branch was created, being
the source for kamailio_3.0. core+tm are quite stable right now and we
work to make the other modules stable using them, my focus being K
modules, in accord with what was planned about one year ago.

If you think of having sr release with everything included as the
kernel, and then K as a subset of it, then it is odd, since I haven't
seen this approach elsewhere and makes no sense imo.

* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/