[sr-dev] [ openser-Bugs-2877313 ] fix_nated_contact() then encode_contact() causes core dump

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 12 23:35:43 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2877313, was opened at 2009-10-12 21:35
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=2877313&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
When one runs fix_nated_contact() from the nathelper module for it's intended purpose (it must complete successfully) and then run encode_contact() from the siputils module (it also must complete) Kamailio always core-dumps with:
CRITICAL:core:del_lump: offset exceeds message size (202688 > 602) aborting...

This seems to have something to do with  re-writing the contact header twice and not fixing the message size the second time but I can't say for sure.

I have a core file, but it seems rather large (44M).  It can be uploaded if need be.  This is occurring with both the release 1.5.2tls & 1.6.0notls dev trunk.