[sr-dev] Meeting Minutes, Berlin 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Oct 12 21:28:06 CEST 2009

On Oct 12, 2009 at 22:05, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Jan Janak writes:
>
>  > My understanding is that we will release sip-router sometime after
>  > Kamailio release (so that it does not compete with the Kamailio
>  > release). Daniel does not have time to work on both (kamailio and sr)
>  > releases so he will focus on Kamailio and other people (myself,
>  > Andrei) will work on sr release. We won't release another SER version
>  > now so we have some extra cycles to put into releasing sip-router.
>
> jan,
>
> i'm picking my stuff for the next release from sr_3.0:
>
> Branch sr_3.0 set up to track remote branch refs/remotes/origin/sr_3.0
>
> i have no idea if that has anything to do with k 3.0 or not, but in
> order to be able to use that branch, it needs to have bug fixing only
> status and all bugs that someone fixes somewhere is sr or k 3.0 need to
> to appear also in origin/sr_3.0.

Yes, it will.

> let me know if that is not going to be the case and i'll draw my
> conclusions.

There was very strong disagreement during the meeting on the opportunity
of making a sr 3.0 release at this time, from various reasons.
Daniel would have preferred to have only k 3.0 now and sr 3.0 when we
have more modules merged a.s.o.

In the end we agreed (with one exception) to have a development sr 3.0
release in the near future (after the k 3.0 release). It will be
called a development release because there are still a lot of modules
which are not merged (e.g. sl, auth, rr ...), lacking docs and there
will be very limited support (its intended audience are developers and
not normal users).
OTOH most of us think the code is quite ok and would want to have something
to try.

Daniel will not participate on the sr3.0 dev release, he will
concentrate on k 3.0 (which will be derived from the sr3.0 branch).

Hope I cleared a bit the confusion :-)

If anybody else (not present at the meeting) disagrees with making a
sr 3.0 development release at this point, then please speak-up.

Andrei