[sr-dev] git:master: Changing legal template to sip-router standard

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 09:31:48 CEST 2009

On 11.10.2009 6:01 Uhr, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> 10 okt 2009 kl. 22.16 skrev Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul:
>
>> On Oct 10, 2009 at 21:48, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>>> Module: sip-router
>>> Branch: master
>>> Commit: cbfe9a14fdb05e8212ba4a0b24472f5239850a77
>>>

>>> Author: oej <oej at edvina.net>
>>> Committer: oej <oej at edvina.net>
>>> Date:   Sat Oct 10 21:48:04 2009 +0200
>>>
>>> Changing legal template to sip-router standard
>>
>> You did change the licence, from BSD to GPL, which is not alright,
>> unless the (c) holder agrees.
>>
>> I cannot speak for Daniel, but in general this is not alright at all.
>>

>>> Daniel - please check that this is ok for you.
>
> Which is why I added this to check...

no, it is not right. Please revert and do not touch the copyright and/or
license texts directly. Inform the author about anything you think might
not be right. Now this exists on the web a version with GPL without a
need for it or authors' willingness.

Also you rushed in updating application name in license texts, there are
some still some steps before getting to a common name.

If you have something to update to others' modules, do it if it is only
pure admin or devel documentation. Changes in application name should be
done one at once, when it is decided. Also copyright/license updates
must be done only by author or after author approval, not before.

Thanks,

* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/