[sr-dev] git:master: * utils/sercmd/sercmd.c: corrected include paths

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Sat Oct 10 12:36:01 CEST 2009

On Oct 10, 2009 at 11:04, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>  >  utils/sercmd/sercmd.c |    6 +++---
>  >  1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>
> i have no idea if the commit went to correct (sr_3.0) branch.  in svn,
> i have branches directory and when i make commit in the directory of a
> branch, it applies to that branch.

No, it did not went, but there isn't any problem. Although I said we
cannot merge master into sr_3.0, I meant in the future, from the point
when they diverge (and I did expect some problems in the first few
days). Probably we should announce a feature freeze on master for a few
days.

> in my git cloned directory, i don't have any branch subdirectories and
> it is thus not obvious in which branch i am if any.

git branch   will tell you (the branch marked with a '*') or
git symbolic-ref HEAD

If you want to push the branch you are on, you could use git push origin
HEAD.

Note though that it's always better to
specify the branch you push, e.g.: git push origin sr_3.0
(assuming you have a local sr_3.0 branch created with
  git checkout -b sr_3.0 origin/sr_3.0  or git branch sr_3.0 origin/sr_3.0).

You can also specify another local branch name, e.g. if your local
branch tracking sr_3.0 is called my_sr_3.0, then you want to use
git push origin my_sr_3.0:sr_3.0 .

By default (without config changes) git push or git push origin
without any arguments will push _all_ the local matching branches
(any local branch that has the same name as an origin branch).

You can always see what would happen by adding --dry-run to git push
 (e.g. git push --dry-run HEAD).

Andrei