[sr-dev] Database docs - INSTALL

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 9 09:02:13 CEST 2009

As a separate issue for a morning discussion, we need to discuss the
varius "*ctl" apps.

The INSTALL document fails to mention that we have kamdbctl that will
populate the databases with the proper tables and indexes
automagically for you. Now, this is on the kamailio side of our
schizophrenic product, so it's propably not very generic - or have we
reached a stage where the database tables are the same for both
variants of sip-router?

If so, we should propably move kamdbctl out of the kamailio corner,
move it up front and rename it srdbctl or something more generic.

When we package Kamailio for release 3, we can modify the INSTALL for
that distro, but if we can avoid having to mantain duplicates or
different versions of documentation, life will be much easier for
everyone involved.

Your thoughts or feedback on this, please!

/O