[sr-dev] sercmd segfaults

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Oct 8 16:28:47 CEST 2009

On Oct 08, 2009 at 17:04, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> andrei,
>
> i made some more tests.
>
> sercmd linked during debian package build crashes:
>
> gcc -shared  -m32 -Wl,-O2 -Wl,-E   parse_listen_id.o sercmd.o   -lreadline -lncurses   -o sip-proxy_ctl
> ./sip-proxy_ctl
> Segmentation fault
>
> if i link it again in the same dir without any gcc params, it works fine:
>
> gcc parse_listen_id.o sercmd.o   -lreadline -lncurses   -o sip-proxy_ctl
> ./sip-proxy_ctl sip-proxy_ctl 0.2
> Copyright 2006 iptelorg GmbH
> This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> For details type `warranty'.
> sip-proxy_ctl> quit
>
> obviously something is wrong with the linkage params used by debian
> build.  i don't know where it gets them.  the commands i have in
> debian/rules are

No, it's not the debian build, it's from the install tools by the module
that need it change I introduced last week.
When doing make install for the ctl modules, sercmd will be compiled and
installed (if not already compiled).
The problem is the compile and link flags are inherited from the module
and so sercmd is built as a module instead of a normal executable.
It happens during the debian build, because make proper is used (it will
happen for any make proper; make install).

I'll try to come up with a fix.

Andrei