[sr-dev] CVS:commitlog: rtpproxy main.c rtpp_defines.h rtpp_log.c rtpp_syslog_async.c rtpp_syslog_async.h

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at sippysoft.com
Tue Oct 6 07:53:04 CEST 2009

sobomax     2009/10/06 07:53:04 CEST

  SER CVS Repository

  Modified files:
    .                    main.c rtpp_defines.h rtpp_log.c
  Added files:
    .                    rtpp_syslog_async.c rtpp_syslog_async.h
  Log:
  Fix serious issue wich can happen with default loging method (syslog)
  at the default log level (debug). I'm unsure if it affects all Linux systems
  or not, but at least on one CentOS release 5.3 the vsyslog(3) call takes
  ridiculously large amount of time to complete. Few of such calls easily
  take 1-2 seconds. Since the RTPproxy is still single-threaded, this means
  that traffic halts for that duration, which is obviously bad.

  Run vsyslog(3) calls in the separate working thread instead. This
  ensures that logging won't interfere with normal activity even if the
  I/O system is loaded or when logging is done over network.

  While I am here, set default logging level when running in background
  to "WARN", since the current level ("DBUG") is too verbose to be a
  default.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.93      +2 -2      rtpproxy/main.c
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/rtpproxy/main.c.diff?r1=1.92&r2=1.93
  1.28      +1 -2      rtpproxy/rtpp_defines.h
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/rtpproxy/rtpp_defines.h.diff?r1=1.27&r2=1.28
  1.5       +26 -10    rtpproxy/rtpp_log.c
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/rtpproxy/rtpp_log.c.diff?r1=1.4&r2=1.5
  1.1       +241 -0    rtpproxy/rtpp_syslog_async.c (new)
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/rtpproxy/rtpp_syslog_async.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain
  1.1       +38 -0     rtpproxy/rtpp_syslog_async.h (new)
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/rtpproxy/rtpp_syslog_async.h?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain