[sr-dev] fr_timer

Mon Oct 5 14:40:28 CEST 2009

Hi!

I just read the the documentation of the fr_timer nad I think it is
wrong (as K's documentation is identical and wrong).
http://sip-router.org/docbook/sip-router/branch/master/modules/tm/tm.html#fr_timer

AFAIK, fr_timer is triggered if there is no "provisional" response
received, and not as the documentation said, a "final" response.

Eg. I always used
fr_timer: 2 seconds
fr_inv_timer: 120 seconds

Which means that the callee has to send a prov. response (e.g. 100
trying) within 2 seconds, to achieve fast failover. Once the prov.
response is received, fr_timer is deactivated and fr_inv_timer is used.

1. Question: Is this the same in sr's tm module? If yes, then the docs
should be fixed (I can do that).

2. If yes, what about renaming the parameters and introduce parameters
which are clear, e.g.:
timeout_prov_reply and timeout_final_reply

regards
klaus