[sr-dev] memcached module value expiration

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Oct 5 13:41:34 CEST 2009

On Freitag, 2. Oktober 2009, Alex Balashov wrote:
> The memcached module is very useful.  But I think it would be about
> 10x more useful if expiration values could be controlled on a per-key
> basis rather than just globally as a modparam, because different kinds
> of data needs to be aged out at different intervals.

Hello Alex,

this is indeed a good suggestion. I've implemented some functionality that
implements this like the 'htable' module, e.g. added a new PV "$mctex(key) =
expire time" to change the expiration time for an existing value. Does this
matches your idea?

I want to tests this a bit before committing, hope to finish this today or
tomorrow.

Regards,

Henning