[sr-dev] SNMPstats module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 15:44:11 CEST 2009

On 04.10.2009 14:19 Uhr, Jan Janak wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>
>>> By the way, I asked for this number to be reassigned to the sip-router
>>> project. If approved it is possible that the number 24960 will become
>>> a new enterprise number for the sip-router project.
>>>
>> Then we will have an interesting situation.
>>
>> 1) Move the snmpstats module from modules_k to core modules.
>> 2) Have a party, get drunk and make a decision whether to use sip-router OID
>> or Kamailio or both
>>
>> In the "both" alternative, we need to maintain two sets of MIBS. Since a lot
>> of the stuff we have in the Kamailio MIB today actually seems copied from
>> SIP MIB, it won't affect many settings.
>>
>> Regardless of the outcome of the MIB/OID/PEN battle we can start looking
>> into migration to the SIP mib.
>>

> Just to let you know, IANA just finished the update. The private
> enterprise number 24960 is now officially assigned to the sip-router
> project.
>
> If you plan to use that number then we should probably create a wiki
> page (or have a text file in the repository) which will list all
> assignments.

snmpstats module is dependent of K statistics framework and they are not
included in the core yet, subject to improved and totally different
implementation in the future. K 3.0 will get core statistics included
back (as they are in 1.5) after we branch for release during the next week.

Not sure it makes sense to move it to common dir since it is very K
specific right now.

* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/