[sr-dev] deamonize.c and the option DSYSLOG_ASYNC Kamailio 1.5

Torben Friese contact at derfriese.com
Thu Nov 26 15:55:53 CET 2009

Hi Henning,

I have found out that this NOT a lenny problem. It is general.

Have you seen the other post :

####

If I set the debug(in cfg) to 4 the proxy write logging messages, then
via
$kamctl debug 2
is everything fine(still logging).

If the debug is set to 2 and I run the proxy in foreground I also
receive log messages.

#####

Another interesting thing is if you bring in a log at line 205
(daemonize.c) it is working:

        LM_ERR("what ever \n");
	for (r=3; r < 32; r++){
		close(r);
	}

It seems that close() is not able to close the fd for the log (return
value from mksock in syslog_async.c).

But If I let the for-loop counter start at 4 it is still not working.

After that I tried to set up log_fd as global( int log_fd=-1) and
include the headers, to check the "r" against the log_fd before execute
close(). But the same result.

Also a correct close(closelog_async()) in deamonize do not work.

I am open for any ideas, maybe I have oversight something. Could you
reproduce this ?

best regards

Torben