[sr-dev] flag for not trying to create a new tcp connection?

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Tue Nov 17 01:47:49 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul
<andrei at iptel.org> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2009 at 23:46, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
>> is there a flag that i can set before calling t_relay that causes
>> t_relay not to try to create a new tcp connection to the destination if
>> one does not already exist?  this would be handy when t_relaying to
>> registered tcp contacts.
>
> From the script, use set_forward_no_connect() before t_relay().
> If you want to do this from a module, then use:
> msg->fwd_send_flags |=SND_F_FORCE_CON_REUSE.
>
> See also set_reply_no_connect(), set_forward_close() and
> set_reply_close() (they are documented in NEWS and thanks to Klaus also
> in http://sip-router.org/wiki/cookbooks/core-cookbook/devel).

Note that you cannot reliably tell if a connection to a UA behind NAT
can be established. For example, I have a Fritbox NAT at home which
can be configured to "expose" one of the hosts to the internet. This
means that all incoming traffic for which no other rule is found in
the NAT box is forwarded to the exposed host, which in my case is a
UA.

   -- Jan