[sr-dev] debian problem with todays sr_3.0 branch

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Nov 11 20:13:10 CET 2009

> Attached patch fixes the problem - and also the db_flatstore overlap.
>
> I hope someone with better git knowledge than me can apply the patch.

Thanks, applied.

For reference this is what I did:

git checkout sr_3.0 # switch to my local sr_3.0 branch
# because the patch was not in git format (did not contain the commit
# message) I had to use plain old patch, instead of git-am.
patch -p1 < make-deb-patch.txt

# I've generated 2 commits from the patch:
git add Makefile
git commit --author="Klaus Darilion ..." -s

git add pkg/debian/rules
git commit --author="Klaus Darilion ..." -s

git push origin sr_3.0:sr_3.0
# failed because my local sr_3.0 branch was not up-to-date =>
# update before push-ing

git fetch origin; git pull --rebase origin sr_3.0
git push origin sr_3.0:sr_3.0

If you are commiting your own changes and not someone else's patch, you
don't need to add --author and -s  to git commit.

Andrei