[sr-dev] why new tcp connection?

Mon Nov 9 12:33:16 CET 2009

Juha Heinanen schrieb:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>  > I would suggest to add a ";received=SOURCE_IP:SOURCE_PORT" to the
>  > Contact URI (not to the header). In this way the in-dialog requests
>  > from the caller/callee would look like:
>  >
>  >   BYE
>  >   sip:alice at PRIVATE_IP:PRIVATE_PORT;received=SOURCE_IP:SOURCE_PORT
>  >   SIP/2.0

yes, thats better. RR solution would need double-RR to handle the situation.

> inaki,
>
> sound ok to me.  if other people don't find any problems with this,
> should we write a new version of fix_nated_contact that adds the param
> to contact uri or just try to use existing scripting means (remove
> contact hf, add a new modified one)?

There are already some related functions which maybe can be extended:

There is encode_contact and decode_contact. It has another use case- but
maybe could be extended (it would be good to have a function which can
do both, adding "received" and encoding, as having 2 functions mangling
contact will probably fail):
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/siputils.html#id2511673

Regarding the RR solution. There is already half the work done in path
module: http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/path#id2452987

regards
klaus