[sr-dev] why new tcp connection?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Nov 7 07:38:52 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:

 > I would suggest to add a ";received=SOURCE_IP:SOURCE_PORT" to the
 > Contact URI (not to the header). In this way the in-dialog requests
 > from the caller/callee would look like:
 >
 >   BYE
 >   sip:alice at PRIVATE_IP:PRIVATE_PORT;received=SOURCE_IP:SOURCE_PORT
 >   SIP/2.0

inaki,

sound ok to me.  if other people don't find any problems with this,
should we write a new version of fix_nated_contact that adds the param
to contact uri or just try to use existing scripting means (remove
contact hf, add a new modified one)?

 > So SR could route based on this RURI parameter and keep the original
 > Contact as RURI.

i haven't checked if it would be possible to do that in the script
(extract and remove received param from r-uri and set $du) or would a
new function need to be written for that too.

-- juha