[sr-dev] why new tcp connection?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Nov 7 01:12:36 CET 2009

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > 2. server
 > I use the pragmatic, and well working UDP approach. Just call
 > fix_nated_contact/register also for TCP clients. I never had any issues
 > with that.

klaus,

rather than fixing the contact, would it be better to incldue the received
ip/port info into the rr header that sr is adding?

reasoning is that when you fix the contact, say, of incoming invite, the
ack and bye from the callee has incorrect r-uri, i.e., not the original
contact of the caller.

if it would be possible to include the received ip/port info into rr
header, then sr would know where to send the ack/bye and r-uri would be
the original one.

this is similar to what fixing register does, i.e., it stores the
received ip/port in a field of location table, and invite to this uri
has the original contact.

-- juha