[sr-dev] OpenSolaris + sip-router // Kamailio 3.0

Nick Lemberger Nick.Lemberger at lkfd.net
Fri Nov 6 12:52:45 CET 2009

I don't know if there's a plan to support the newer Solaris' distros but sip-router and Kamailio 3.0 don't compile on OpenSolaris with SunStudio Compiler (cc) or GCC.

Kamailio up to 1.5 has historically compiled at least with GCC - it seems to be Makefile related.

---

When the CC variable is set to point to SunStudio (/opt/SunStudioExpress/bin/cc) I get:
Makefile:248: config.mak: No such file or directory
normal Makefile.defs exec
Makefile.defs:380: Unknown compiler /opt/SunStudioExpress/bin/cc\; supported compilers: gcc, sun cc, intel icc
target architecture <x86_64>, host architecture <x86_64>
Makefile.defs:933: *** Unsupported compiler (/opt/SunStudioExpress/bin/cc:/opt/SunStudioExpress/bin/cc), try gcc.  Stop.

---

If I set it to GCC 4.3.2 I get the following when I make (or gmake, although OpenSolaris generally defaults to GNU make):
Makefile:248: config.mak: No such file or directory
normal Makefile.defs exec
target architecture <i386>, host architecture <x86_64>

And things just stop - I never get a prompt back until I ctrl-x.

---

I'm attempting the compile as root so there aren't and permissions issues.

And suggestions would be most appreciated.

-Nick