[sr-dev] how to change MAIN_NAME?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu May 28 16:36:55 CEST 2009

On May 28, 2009 at 17:17, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> after the ser => $(MAIN_NAME) commit to Makefile.defs, i got my debian
> package build like i want it to be.  i used the following definitions:
>
> MAIN_NAME=sip-router
> SCTP=1
>
> and then made config like this:
>
> $(MAKE) cfg CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" SCTP=$(SCTP) MAIN_NAME=$(MAIN_NAME) LOCALBASE=/usr modules="$(MODULES)" modules_s="" modules_k="$(MODULES_K)"
>
> the above puts config files in /usr/etc/sip-router dir.  i haven't yet
> figured out, how to get them to /etc/sip-router instead, but it doesn't
> matter, because i don't use them anyhow.

cfg_prefix=/ and optionally cfg_target=/etc/sip-router (for the default
config path) should do it.
You should also use prefix=/usr instead of LOCALBASE=/usr (since
LOCALBASE is expected to point to /usr/local or /usr/pkg and it's used
for the include search path).

You could also install everything in a temp directory (e.g. for testing)
and then tar/copy it to /:
make BASEDIR=/tmp/sr ... # same options as above
This is very useful for generating packages or testing that all the
files are installed.

Andrei