[sr-dev] sip-router with/without tls/sctp

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu May 28 11:14:35 CEST 2009

On May 28, 2009 at 11:33, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> INSTALL document does not mention TLS and SCTP at all.  is it so that
> TLS and SCTP support is automatically included by the make process?

TLS yes, SCTP no.

> there is no comment in Makefile.defs on CORE_TLS variable.  it that what
> is used to control if TLS support is included?

No, CORE_TLS is to be used only if tls support is going to be integrated
into the core, instead of being compiled as a module. This will probably
never happen (it's mainly for backwards compatibility with the old tls
code), but if someone wants to do it then setting CORE_TLS is the
way to have it compiled.

For tls module use TLS_HOOKS must be set to 1, but this is done by
default. With the default makefile/build process the only thing you need
to do for tls support is load the tls module and set tcp_async=off in
sr.cfg (async mode is still not supported with tls, due to lack of time).

> in Makefile.defs there is also SCTP variable without any comment.  is
> that what is used to control if SCTP support is included?

Yes, make cfg SCTP=1 and then make all will compile with SCTP support.
I'm currently pondering whether or not I should make the SCTP support
automatic (if the needed *.h files are installed compile it automatically).

Andrei