[sr-dev] importing kamailio tools

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:39:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 05/27/2009 04:04 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2009, Jan Janak wrote:
> > > kamailio tools (kamctl and kamdbctl) have not been imported yet. The
> > > usual place for them was 'scripts' folder but now there are
> overlapping
> > > names, related to the folders holding sql scripts.
> > >
> > > Shall we create a subfolder in scripts directory, e.g.,
> scripts/kamctl?
>

> Hi Jan,
>

> > What about importing them into the tools directly?
>

> do you mean the tools directory? Hm, not sure what then the purpose of
> the scripts directory would be, perhaps this could be then removed?

tools looks like a good place, imo -- scripts can be removed completely
or kept for small scripts used in migration/mass update.

> > > The xml definition of db tables were in db directory, which now is
> > > library srdb1(same for ser, are now in srdb2). Do we let them there or
> > > is another more suitable place for them as they are not dependent
> of DB
> > > api but of what DB structure to be used (some modules using db were
> > > moved in common folder already)?
> >
> > I would suggest that we keep them there for now. The scripts that
> are used
> > to generate db schema need, in my opinion, an overhaul, so we might
> just do
> > it in one go.
>

> I refactored the k XSL scripts (which were imported from SER) in the
> last year somewhat and also improved/ added support for DBs!=mysql.
> They do IMHO a good job now to generate the needed database scripts
> from XML sources, so i don't see a big need to rework them. What i
> removed was the possibility to also create insert statements, i think,
> not sure if this is needed from SER.
>

> > By the way, what else is missing in the git repository and should be
> > imported from the SVN repository? Could you (or somebody who is familiar
> > with kamailio svn repository) make a list of stuff that should be
> imported
> > into git, along with the destination directory where you want to
> have them?
> >
> > I could then import them with full history all at once.
>

> The utils directory content is also missing.

I think this one needs a bit of cleanup and moved under tools folder as
well. Perhaps kamunix can be moved within tools/kamctl, being used by
that one.

Henning, any idea what db_berkeley and db_oracle in utils/ offer? I
never used them... maybe we can give better names, to reflect what they
do, instead of db module name.

fifo_relay is in ser as well, not sure if they suffered changes
meanwhile. Anyhow, imo, tools, utils, scripts can be merged in one, say
tools.

Default kamailio config should be imported, has good example of using
presence, nat, auth with K modules. The examples directory has to be
checked, I guess the files there are more or less what is now in sr, but
with kamailio syntax.

doc/dbschema and doc/database - Henning, here is your call.

So, what I can summarize as being with higher priority:
- scripts/ imported in tools/kamctl
- etc/kamailio.cfg imported in etc/
- utils/kamunix in tools/kamctl/kamunix

http://www.asipto.com/