[sr-dev] Development mailing lists moved

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue May 26 17:14:26 CEST 2009

devel at lists.kamailio.org have been merged into one. The address of the new
is available at
http://lists.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/mailman/sr-dev

This is the common new development mailing list for ser, kamailio, and
sip-router projects. We will not be using the old mailing lists anymore,
although their email addresses still exist and they are forwarded to the new
mailing list.

We migrated all subscribers from serdev at lists.iptel.org and
migrate users while preserving all their settings, it is possible that some of
the settings that you may have configured in the www interface of mailman got
lost. If this is the case then, please, go to the www interface of the new
mailing list at
http://lists.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-dev
and restore them manually. We apologize for this inconvenience, but mailman
does not seem to offer any tool that would automate this process.

Also, you may need to updated your email filters if you use them. The email
address of the mailing list is sr-dev at lists.sip-router.org. The old mailing
list addresses still work, thus you may occasionally see emails posted to
serdev at iptel.org or devel at lists.kamailio.org. If you post an email to
serdev at iptel.org or devel at lists.kamailio.org then it will be forwarded to this
mailing list transparently.

Archives of the two former mailing lists are still available at

  http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev
  http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/devel

and they'll continue to be available there. We have no plans to move them
elsewhere, because their locations are well known and they are referred from
many other sites around the net. For your convenience the info page of
the new list contains direct links to the old archives:

The new mailing list will receive commit logs from three source repositories:
  1) SER cvs repository at Berlios
  2) Kamailio SVN repository at Sourceforge
  3) The shared git repository of sip-router
We can redirect some of the commitlogs somewhere else later if this generates
too much traffic.

So, I hereby declare the mailing list open for all ser/kamailio/sip-router
related traffic. Welcome everybody, have a lot of fun and hope to see you in
many fruitful discussions :-).

  Jan (on behalf of ser and kamailio developer groups).