[SR-Dev] git:master: kex: documentation for km_append_branch()

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed May 20 13:08:21 CEST 2009

Henning,

On 20-05 12:41, Henning Westerholt wrote:
>    On Dienstag, 28. April 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>    > kex: documentation for km_append_branch()
>    > [..]
>
>    Hi Daniel,
>
>    i was wondering what is the difference of this km_append_branch(..) in kex
>    to the core function "append_branch" that is available in sip-router core?
>    Just the support for pseudo-variables?

They take different parameters. Initially, I considered merging the two
variants (ser and kamailio) of this function. I got pressed for time when I
was finishing the merge and because the merge would have required lots of
changes in the core and modules, I decided to pospone it and have both
versions of the function in the core.

Substituting append_branch with km_append_branch in modules originating from
Kamailio was much easier than inspecting all calls to append_branch manually
and updating parameters.

Having said that, the two functions are destined to be merged at some point.

  Jan.