[SR-Dev] msilo comparison

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon May 11 11:31:55 CEST 2009

i recently added a new feature to k msilo module and now took a look how
does s msilo compare to k's.  it turns out that k msilo module has lots
of stuff that is missing from s version.

there seems to be one difference though.  in s module there is this:

registrar (string)

   The SIP address used to inform users that destination of their message
   is not online and the message will be delivered next time when that
   user goes online. If the parameter is not set, the module will not
   send any notification. All requests intended for this SIP address will
   not be stored for lately delivery.

   Default value is "NULL".

   Example 5. Set the registrar parameter
modparam("msilo", "registrar", "sip:registrar at iptel.org")

and the corresponding thing in k is this:

1.3.3. from_address (string)

   The SIP address used to inform users that destination of their
   message is not online and the message will be delivered next
   time when that user goes online. If the parameter is not set,
   the module will not send any notification. It can contain
   pseudo-variables.

   Example 1.3. Set the "from_address" parameter
modparam("msilo", "from_address", "sip:registrar at example.org")
modparam("msilo", "from_address", "sip:$rU at example.org")

in my opnion the difference is so small that we could adopt k version of
msilo as is.

comments?

-- juha