[SR-Dev] git:master: * Moved lcr module from modules_k to modules and removed it from modules_s .

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Sun May 10 12:32:51 CEST 2009

On May 10, 2009 at 13:04, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > They should have been merged.
>  > Looking only at recent commit logs, you lost from modules_s/lcr:
>  >  - rpc interface
>  >  - new db api
>  >  - possible wrong db init from all the processes (see 8fb14f, 9961e8)
>
> andrei,
>
> thanks for pointing the db init issue.  in k lcr module database is only
> accessed when module is initialized and when a reload command is given
> via mi interface.  i'll try to figure out, how to restrict db init to
> those processes.

For the module intialization db, you could close the db connections
afterwards. You could use either mod_init() or child_init() with
rank==PROC_INIT.
When we'll add the ser rpc interface to it, things will change though:
 - we'll need DB for PROC_RPC and PROC_FIFO (the binrpc transport and
   fifo transport).
 - we'll need DB for all the tcp and tls ser processes, for the xml
   transport (ser xmlrpc does not run in a separate process, it reuses
   ser parser for the HTML requests). This would mean everything
   except PROC_INT, PROC_MAIN, PROC_TIMER, PROC_TCP_MAIN
   (or everything with rank >0 + PROC_RPC + PROC_FIFO).

Andrei