[SR-Dev] git:master: * Moved lcr module from modules_k to modules and removed it from modules_s .

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Sun May 10 10:36:49 CEST 2009

On May 10, 2009 at 11:26, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > They should have been merged.
>  > Looking only at recent commit logs, you lost from modules_s/lcr:
>  >  - rpc interface
>  >  - new db api
>  >  - possible wrong db init from all the processes (see 8fb14f, 9961e8)
>
> i don't understand why.  i dig
>
> eg pull
>
> before i started working on this and expected my repo to be up to date.
>
> it seems i'm totally incompetent to work with git.

No it doesn't have anything to do with git. I meant modules_s/lcr should
have been merged with modules_k/lcr, before modules_s/lcr was remvoed
and modules_k/lcr moved into modules/lcr.
There were some changes in modules_s/lcr mostly related to external apis
and rpc support which are not in modules_k/lcr.
Some of these changes might be bug fixes (e.g. the db stuff, I don't
know how lcr uses db, but it looks like the k version intializes db
connections from all the processes ?).
The rpc stuff means that someone used to do sercmd lcr.reload  would
 have now to use something different (but rpc support should be trivial
 to add, it even was in separate files: lcr_rpc.h and lcr_rpc.c).
Also the (s) lcr used the new db api, while (k) lcr uses the old one, so
from this point of view it's a step-back (we support 2 versions now, but
 the old version will be slowly obsoleted).

Andrei