[SR-Dev] content length

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 30 16:37:42 CEST 2009

2009/3/30 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> the data lumps system is critically affected if content-length is wrong
> for UDP. The anchor_lump() calls abort() in the case content-length is
> higher than actually body length. This can be prevented by called sanity
> module to check the content length, however, I consider being too
> drastic to have abort in such case, it would be better to return an
> error and let the sip router process other messages. Opinions?

Is this error the cause of so many segmentfaults in a reported bug?:
  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2649470&group_id=139143&atid=743020

I've tested it by sending spoofed SIP messages via UDP with wrong
Content-Lenght and it's forwarded properly by Kamailio trunk (before
the today commits), without warnings or errors.
How to reproduce the problem?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>