[SR-Dev] exlude module from the compilation

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Mar 12 19:04:58 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009, Jan Janak wrote:
> > is there any equivalent to the "exlude_modules" parameter in
> > Makefiles.defs in the sr tree? For some modules that are contained in the
> > 'all' branch of 'kamailio-3.0' i don't have dependencies installed, and i
> > would like to skip them on 'make all'.
>
> There is no need to modify the makefile. You can do:
>
>  $ make config exclude_modules="abc"
>
> and the makefile system will remember that you wanted to exclude the module
> from compilation every time you run 'make all'.
>
> You can specify more modules separated by white space in the value of
> exclude_modules above.

Hi Jan,

thanks for the pointer, thats a cool feature. Some things i noticed during my
tests of the 'kamailio-3.0' branch: It seems that the library dependencies of
the modules are recompiled again for every module. I thought you fixed
something in this regards in the main branch, perhaps this is not yet
integrated into this? But i don't remember exactly, its of course not a big
issue. A more problematic bug i run into is that the compilation of
the 'perl' module run into a endlees loop during the make, because i don't
have the necessary dependencies installed, and make somehow don't detects
that the compilation fails.

Cheers,

Henning