No subject

Wed Jun 24 00:39:36 CEST 2009

The ping in this particular instance is only executed JUST before a real
query is to be issued. i.e. if a query is not used in Kamailio for a couple
of hours - the ping is actually never sent...........

what I have noticed is that when the connection is torn down by the
firewall, the ping actually hangs (reconnect fails), etc

So, we NEED a proper ping (keepalive) functionality :D

Cheers
Jason

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul
<andrei at iptel.org>wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2009 at 09:28, Jason Penton <jason.penton at smilecoms.com> wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > What would be the suggestions regarding having a process / thread that
> can
> > be used to ping (keepalive) a connection to a particular db backend. I am
> > specifically looking at coding something for mysql (our firewall is
> closing
> > connections to mysql if they are idle for longer than 30mins). I would
> like
> > to have a process that would go through all connections and "ping" them
> > every so often. I would imagine each DB impl can either ignore the ping
> > function or actually do something with it. I would imagine this will be
> > useful for a few backend db implementations. Any input before I go ahead?
>
> Doesn't modparam("db_mysql", "ping_interval", 15)  work?
>
> Andrei

--001485f775bcf31a66047425bf3e

Hi Andrei,<br><br>From what I have seen in the code this is pretty useless =
(no offence).<br><br>The ping in this particular instance is only executed =
JUST before a real query is to be issued. i.e. if a query is not used in Ka=
mailio for a couple of hours - the ping is actually never sent...........<b=
r>
ewall, the ping actually hangs (reconnect fails), etc<br><br>So, we NEED a =
u-Onciul <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:andrei at iptel.org">andrei at i=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
t;<a href=3D"mailto:jason.penton at smilecoms.com">jason.penton at smilecoms.com<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi *,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; What would be the suggestions regarding having a process / thread that=
 can<br>
&gt; be used to ping (keepalive) a connection to a particular db backend. I=
 am<br>
&gt; specifically looking at coding something for mysql (our firewall is cl=
osing<br>
&gt; connections to mysql if they are idle for longer than 30mins). I would=
 like<br>
&gt; to have a process that would go through all connections and &quot;ping=
&quot; them<br>
&gt; every so often. I would imagine each DB impl can either ignore the pin=
g<br>
&gt; function or actually do something with it. I would imagine this will b=
e<br>
&gt; useful for a few backend db implementations. Any input before I go ahe=
ad?<br>
quot;, 15) =A0work?<br>
Andrei<br>

--001485f775bcf31a66047425bf3e--