[sr-dev] build problems in ser's pa module

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Jun 30 10:45:58 CEST 2009

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> >

> >On 06/29/2009 11:27 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> >>pa module includes srdb2 - shouldn't it include srdb1?
> >>
> >srdb1 is Kamailio DB api and srdb2 is SER DB api.
>
> strange, because some errors were gone when I changed to srdb1. Very
> strange.

Well, some ser modules were never updated to the new ser db api (srdb2
in sip-router). They still use the old ser api.
srdb1 is the kamilio api which is in fact ser/openser old api plus some
updates and function prototype changes. srdb1 is very close to the
original api and that's why you get closer to success when trying it.
srdb2 is a complete rewrite and very different from the other apis.

Now some of the modules that do not compile might be removed anyway
(e.g. I believe avpops functionality in ser is covered by the script avp
support + the db_ops module and I don't think anybody did use that
module for a very long time). For the others there are several options:
1. update them to srdb2 (the future)
2. update them to use srdb1
3. add srdb0, either as a lib or as a wrapper over srdb1 (I haven't
  looked at it, but it might be possible to do it only using some *.h
  wrappers).

(1) is definitely the most time consuming and it might not make sense for
modules that use the db only in a "simple" way, so we might do either (2) or
(3), whichever proves to be less work.

Andrei