[sr-dev] git:master: * Core, etc, documentation: renamed ser to sip-router

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:15:21 CEST 2009

On 06/24/2009 09:39 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>  > fine, make it "undecided".
>
> i would like to add that i'm coming from kamailio project and using
> binary name "ser" in sip-router project is not acceptable to me.
... coming from same direction and for me is not acceptable that strong
personal opinions/interests drive decisions regarding the core framework
and public project without proper discussion.

I and probably others have completely different names when deploying the
application in particular cases, but that is something I keep it inside
my company as patches or cloned repository. Sure would be easy if I
would change it on the public project so the others will do it, not me,
but we are a group of people that invest a lot of their private
resources, so we should act democratically.

Now happened with the name, but in the future one can think of something
else, turning in a chaotic evolution, so we rather (and better) have it
clear from this point of time, otherwise makes no sense to continue.

Daniel

http://www.asipto.com/