[sr-dev] git:master: * Core, etc, documentation: renamed ser to sip-router

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jun 24 21:27:05 CEST 2009

On Jun 24, 2009 at 22:08, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > > i asked about renaming of ser.cfg on the list and jan replied that it is
>  > > ok.
>  > so probably this means the entire project, or? IIRC I replied quite
>  > quickly questioning such decision and suggesting to keep ser for now.
>
> i don't know about entire project.  i just changed ser.cfg to
> sip-router.cfg and what else it implied.

You single-handledly changed everything, including the binary name.
I don't care so much how a config file is called, but so far there is no
decision for the binary name so it should not be changed (I'll revert
it).

Even the config changes went a little bit too far, breaking all the
scripts (but at least you're taking care of that), for no good reason.

>  > I think such attitude is not going anywhere. What is missing now is that
>  > I would say "I am not going to be involved in anything having sip-router
>  > hardwired". Sad to see this.
>
> if you want to make it easy to use your own name, change Makefile system
> so that no file names are hardwired.  they simply my changing MAIN_NAME
> you can get every file (config files, man pages, etc.) named whatever
> way you like.

I think you should have done that.

>  > The problem that is risen now is the type of actions taken, while we
>  > agreed that any changes to common framework have to be properly
>  > discussed on devel list, radical changes were done without this rule. I
>  > know that this particular issue is a matter of tastes and personal
>  > preferences, that's why needs careful handling.
>
> i didn't rename any k files or their contents.  i only edited and
> renamed ser to sip-router.  i thought that jan as member or ser project
> could give such an ok.

Andrei