[sr-dev] core cookbook

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jun 24 18:08:36 CEST 2009

> Hi!
>
> The sr core cookbook has lots of empty entries:
> http://sip-router.org/wiki/cookbooks/core-cookbook/devel
>
> Whereas the K core cookbook is rather full:
> http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:1.5.x
>
> I think most of the parameters still have the same meaning. I can
> volunteer on merging cookbook docu from K to SR, and try to get missing
> docu from the NEWS file. But in the end one of the core developers
> (Andrei? Jan?) should verify if the doc is correct?

That's great, I'll try to verify it.
The biggest problem would be how to keep it in sync.

We should also mark the options that can be changed after start-up, at
runtime.
For example a lot of the core options can be changed at runtime, either
 using core as the config group, or the transport (tcp or sctp).
E.g.:

debug  -> sercmd cfg.set_now_int core debug 5
tcp_connect_timeout -> sercmd cfg.set_now_int tcp connect_timeout 2
udp_mtu -> sercmd cfg.set_now_int core udp_mtu 1300

One way to see all the options acessible using the cfg framework and
defined in the core is to start sr, loading the cfg_rpc and ctl modules
and then run:
sercmd cfg.list  | egrep "core|tcp|sctp"

but note that not all the options can be changed, some are read-only.

sercmd cfg.help  <group> <option> might help
(e.g. sercmd cfg.help core udp_mtu).

NEWS should help too (at least all the new options added that can be
changed at runtime are "marked").

Andrei