[sr-dev] Conflict between libcurl4-gnutls-dev and libcurl4-openssl-dev (Debian)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jun 23 14:39:12 CEST 2009

2009/6/23 Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org>:

> If I understand it correctly, we are talking here about Debian control files
> that are being kept in the git repository, right? But aren't those files
> intended for people who want to build Debian packages themselves, rather than
> for official Debian developers? As far as I know official Debian developers
> maintain their control files elsewhere, and in fact it is recommended that
> upstream projects do not provide their own control files.

I was thinking exactly the same. The debian files in SR repository are
intended to build DEB packages, nothing related to Debian official
repositories.

If Debian wants to provide official SR packages, them they could
choose to use the GnuTLs version instead (by creating their own
"control" file).

> If this is the case, does it really matter if we keep libcurl4-openssl-dev in
> our control files? We know that all the stuff should work (at least was
> developed with) with openssl, so shouldn't this be the default for the people
> who attempt to build the packages themselves?

100% agree.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>