[sr-dev] Missing imports from Kamailio

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Jun 22 18:47:17 CEST 2009

Hello,

I finished my import of missing pieces from Kamailio SVN repository. The
commit message did not make it though to the list because it was too big. I
haven't commited my changes into the master branch yet, I uploaded them to the
branch janakj/missing_imports and I would appreciate if people (especially
K. developers) could review them, here is a link to the new branch:

http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sip-router;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/janakj/missing_imports

And here is a short summary of the changes:

1) kamailio/etc was imported into sip-router/etc
   In Kamailio trunk the etc directory contains a kamailio.cfg files,
   a RADIUS dictionary and TLS certificates and related files.

2) kamailio/packaging was imported into sip-router/pkg/kamailio
   I thought that it would be good to have both version of packaging
   files under one directory in the shared repository. To avoid conflicts with
   existing directories and files, I imported Kamailio stuff into
   pkg/kamailio. We will need to go through these files and merge them at some
   point (or alternatively keep one version and delete the other).

3) kamailio/scripts was imported into sip-router/tools
   No coflics there, so I did not touch the files imported from Kamailio. I
   would, however, suggest that as the next step we move kamctl and kamdbctl
   into subdirectories. Booth tools consist of several files and would be,
   IMHO, better to have them cleanly separated.

4) kamailio/utils/{db_berkeley,db_oracle,kamunix,profile} were imported into
   sip-router/utils.
   I omited kamailio/utils/fif_relay because the same tool is already present
   in sip-router repository--and it is not needed anymore anyway.

What is missing:
I also found extra TLS documentation in kamailio/tls/doc. The documentation
was probably not yet imported into the sip-router repository so I will look
into that.

Please take a moment and review the layout, if people are happy with my
proposed layout and nobody speaks up then I will merge those changes into the
master branch on Wednesday.

   Jan.