[sr-dev] t_relay with param is unknown

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jun 3 19:17:54 CEST 2009

On Jun 01, 2009 at 19:02, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > I'm not against changing the default provided that more people want it
>  > and someone takes care of changing all the doc references.
>
> in k, dsn failover is on by default.  i can change the NEWS file, no
> problem.  where else it is documented?

At least in doc/dns.txt.

> perhaps there should be a page
> for s users similar to
>
> http://sip-router.org/wiki/migration/kamailio-tips

There is: doc/config_migration.txt  and
https://sip-router.org/wiki/admin_guide/migrate  links it.

There are other dns related defaults you should be aware off:
dns_srv_lb - default off. With it on the srv failover will do load
balancing (as in rfc2782), wihtout it will only do simple failover
based on priority and weight (will try all the A records in order
instead of load balancing between records witht he same priority based
on weights). With it on -> slight performance hit.

dns_try_naptr - default off.
dns_udp_pref, dns_tcp_pref, dns_tls_pref, dns_sctp_pref  - preference of
the corresp. protocol when doing NAPTR lookups. Allow overriding the
 preference listed in the NAPTR record with a local preference.
 -1 completely disables a protocol.
Default: udp=30, tcp=20, tls=10, sctp=20 (prefer udp, then sctp or tcp
and then tls). To obey the rfc one would have to set all of them to the
same value (e.g. 100), but in general udp is preferable (lighter
weight).

For more info see doc/dns.txt.

Andrei