[sr-dev] symbols not found

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Jun 1 15:25:50 CEST 2009

On 29-05 20:44, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Jan Janak writes:
>
>  > No, symbols like core_cfg are defined in the main binary and dpkg-shlibdeps
>  > does not know about it.
>
> it there any way to teach dpkg-shlibdeps about those symbols?  it is
> namely not pretty that i get tens of those message to console when i
> build the package.  i don't remember seeing those warnings when i built
> kamailio package.

I don't know, I am tempted to tell you to modify the debian package scripts so
that they do not run dpkg-shlibdeps for shared libraries in SER, but this
could result in missing dependencies if any of some other (system wide)
libraries.

man dpkg-shlibpdes lists several warnings that the tool can emit and describes
them, so you might want to consult that man page to see if this is something
that can be safely ignored or if the scripts should be modified somehow.

You didn't see the warnings before because Kamailio did not have support for
shared libraries, shared libraries were introduced with the sip-router core.

  Jan.