[sr-dev] Planning for new functionality for kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:41:48 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 05/29/2009 09:32 PM, Vadim Lebedev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to discuss some new functionaity for Kamailio i intend to
> develop for a client.
>
> My client need to integrate very specific transport security layer...
> The layer will function over tcp and udp and will be intgreated into the
> SSL framework
>
> The client will provide a function returning SSL_METHOD *   descritptor
> So what i need to do is
>  1) Add possibility to use SSL over udp socket
>  2) To use a new SSL method
>
> So my first question is: Is there any chance that such functionality
> will be accepted into the main trunk of kamailio?

any good contribution is welcome to the project. An important aspect is
keep the sanity of core and not add companies' private stuff (i.e.,
something that can be used only by one company). I would like to see
some lightweight secure communication channel supported by proxy, even
if it is server-to-server.

Maybe in this case you can have (most of) the code as module -- see how
tls hooks to core. You can ask here on mailing list any dev question you
may have.

http://www.asipto.com/