[sr-dev] Migration of Open IMS Core to sip-router

Dragos Vingarzan dragos.vingarzan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 14:58:44 CEST 2009

I see... so it seems quite complicated to add all the required locks and
to redesign the process_no and my_pid() for not much of a benefit. I did
not see this before.

Well, if this is final and the conclusion is that the restrictions
should be in place there on dynamically forked processes, then I'll
start redesigning my module. It's a not a huge deal, but now the code is
much clear, easier to manage and also potentially faster if each
Diameter TCP connection has it's own process. But this is not a must and
one universal acceptor/receiver forked at the beginning could do all the
ops, much like the TCP structure from ser, right? Where there any
performance issues due to some bottlenecks or something like that?

(I'll probably still keep also my original design too for when you use
this CDiameterPeer standalone, outside of ser...)

Cheers,
-Dragos