[sr-dev] rfc: xavp - extended avp

Martin Hoffmann martin.hoffmann at telio.no
Wed Jul 29 11:52:37 CEST 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> On 28.07.2009 13:51 Uhr, Martin Hoffmann wrote:
>>
>> You could generalize this into only using the generic data value and
>> wrap the other types into these. This requires makeing these generic
>> data values in the script language somehow. For all this, you will need
>> a somewhat more elaborate interface to the type than a free function.
>>

> it is an option, but I wanted to have it simple for common data types in
> the same time to allow dealing with more complex structures.

Agree. I was actually more thinking into the future and into a Grand
Unified Variable kind of thing. Not sure if this should be a service
provided by the core or some module. But should we agree that we want
such a thing then it might be better to work on that instead of building
an interims solution based on AVPs.

This is not to diminish your work in any way, I quite like the
possibilities especially with the option for lists. It just may safe you
same work that will eventually be superseded by something else.

Regards,
Martin