[sr-dev] Migration of Open IMS Core to sip-router

Fri Jul 24 14:17:17 CEST 2009

Dragos Vingarzan schrieb:

>         * Core - support for emergency URI,
>

>    What is this exactly? Any reference to ietf/itu specs?
>
> I am not really sure myself as somebody else did the implementation. But
> all the specs should be listed here:
> http://www.openimscore.org/emergency . And even for us this is still
> partly a branch with work in progress. The thing was that ser was even
> crashing when it got some of these, so in any case, even if not used, it
> would be a good patch.
>
> I'll have to do a diff and find out what was exactly changes as there
> were to many things in the last 3-4 years. And we probably have some
> garbage through that. I'll send the patch after some cleanup.

IIRC openser/ser can not parse service URNs. Usually, if a UAC initiates
an emergency call, it looks like:

INVITE urn:service:sos SIP/2.0
Route: sip:uri-of-the-psap at example.com;lr
From: sip:user at domain.com;tag=123
To: urn:service:sos

Thus, the proxy does not even have to route based on the service URN,
but just on the pre-loaded route-set. Nevertheless, the proxy must not
crash or generate errors if the RURI and From/To URI does contain a
service URN. Actually From/To/RURI are allowed to contain any URIs (also
http URIs) - thus sr should supports parsing of these.

regards
klaus