[sr-dev] crash with dialog module

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jul 19 17:23:38 CEST 2009

>> i'm basin my assumption about buggyness of dialog module just on the
>> large number bugs that has been reported and fixed during its lifetime.
>> according to some theory, the number of past bugs is an indication of
>> remaining ones.
>>
>> -- juha
>
> That seems believable, but I hope it is not true or I am really screwed!

The dialog message is also rather ambitious in its aims;  it tackles some
rather complicated state-keeping tasks.  Complex design, many possible
state permutations, and the need to carefully and precisely manage
numerous elements of data persistence in all scenarios in a deductively
rigourous way are attributes that result in more bugs as well.

Expecting dialog to be un-buggy is, in my opinion, sort of like expecting
TM to be less buggy than, say, alias_db.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems