[sr-dev] almost ok with testing

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Jul 19 11:20:22 CEST 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

 > it is not one-to-one replacement to MI uac tm function. This one will go
 > via usrloc and everything is resolved there - you have to provide the
 > AoRs of caller and callee. It can work even if you use a dedicated proxy
 > instance only for c2d.

if user has several phones registered for an AoR, my web app allows the
user to choose, which one to use for the click-to-dial call.  if i use
dlg-bridge, sems, or some other external app, this capability is lost.
instead, when user clicks, all phones that have registered that AoR
start to ring, which is not a good thing.

i can try to explain to users that unfortunately this new proxy cannot
anymore support phone selection when making a click-to-dial call.  that
may not be acceptable in some office environments and, if so, then i
have lost the upgrade game and need to keep on using k or opensips in
those environments.

-- juha