[sr-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Kamailio-Users] TCP supervisor process in Kamailio]

Thu Jul 9 10:27:18 CEST 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul schrieb:
>> Hi Andrei!
>>
>> Do you think this is also relevant for sip-router's TCP implementation?
>

> The elevated priority for tcp_main is a good idea. I'll add a config
> option for it (right now there are real time prio config options, but
> only for the timer processes).
> The rest of the paper does not apply to sr or recent ser versions
> (fd cache was implemented long time ago, tcp timers are much better,
> there is no known dealdock a.s.o.).

Hi Andrei!

How are incoming TCP messages handled in detail? e.g. if there is
incoming data on a TCP connection: which process reads the data and
constructs the SIP message? Is this the supervisor (which handles only
full messages over to the TCP workers) or a worker?

What happens if a bad client only sends a half SIP message: is the
process blocked until the full message is received or is it able to read
from multiple connections concurrently?

thanks
klaus