[sr-dev] dns= and rev_dns= parameter

Wed Jul 8 10:58:27 CEST 2009

Thanks!

Just for clarification:

> dns
>
> This parameter controls if the SIP server will try doing a DNS lookup
> on the address in the Via header of a received sip request to decide
> if adding a received=<src_ip> parameter to the Via is necessary. Note
> that Vias containing DNS names (instead of IPs) should have received=
> added, so turning dns to yes is not recommended.
>
> Default is no.

Does this mean that, if the Via header in the received message contains
a domain and:

dns=yes, a lookup is done, and if the domain resolves to the src_ip,
then the "received" parameter is not added, but only added when the
domain resolves to a different IP address?

dns=no: the "received" parameter is always added?

What about the behavior when the Via header contains an IP address (does
this parameter affects the behavior)? Is the "received" parameter always
added, or only if it Via-IP differs from source-IP? What about existing
"received" parameter - will they be deleted/overwritten.

I ask because some time ago we had problems in Kamailio.

regards
klaus