[sr-dev] git merge

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Jul 7 20:17:05 CEST 2009

On Jul 07, 2009 at 19:07, Ra?l Alexis Betancor Santana <rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:

> Before doing a dissaster .. :-P
>
> How should I merge the rbentancor/drouting branch into the master branch
> taking into account that master branch have changes I do not have on drouting
> branch.
>
> There are not possible conflicts, because I only worked on the drouting
> module, anything more.

First of all, make sure you pushed all your local changes to the
repository:
# assuming your local branch is called drouting
git push origin drouting:rbentancor/drouting

# update your local master
git checkout master
git fetch origin
git pull --rebase --ff origin master

# merge (for nicer merge messages it's better to merge with the
# branch on the repo and not the local branch)
git merge --no-ff origin/rbentancor/drouting

# check if everything looks ok
git log ORIG_HEAD..  # you should see the merge commit which should say
                     # something like:
                     # Merge commit 'origin/rbetancor/drouting'

# publish the change on the repo "master"
git push origin master:master

# if it fails because somebody updated master in the meantime. retry:
git fetch origin
git pull --rebase --ff origin master
git push origing master:master

Andrei