[sr-dev] should this work?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:08:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 07/03/2009 01:58 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul schrieb:
>> On Jul 03, 2009 at 13:39, Klaus Darilion
>> <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
>>> loadpath "/usr/local/lib/ser"
>>> loadmodule "modules/db_berkeley"
>>>
>>> It does not :-(
>>
>> It shouldn't.
>> It would work for loadmodule "modules/db_berkeley/db_berkeley.so"
>> or for:
>> loadpath "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules"
>> # or loadpath
>> "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules:/usr.../modules_s:/.../modules_k"
>> loadmodule "db_berkley"
>
> How can I explicitly specify to load for example the pike module from
> modules_s, but the ratelimit module from modules_k?

> Answering myself: .so has to appended, e.g. this works for me:
>
> loadpath "/usr/local/lib/ser"
> loadmodule "modules_s/sl.so"
> loadmodule "modules/db_berkeley.so"

this is the K-compatible style and works indeed, even using mpath
instead of loadpath. In K, all the time the module name has to be ended
with ".so", while ser accepted some variants without ".so".

Both K and SER styles should work, but not combinations between styles.

For example:

loadmodule "modules_s/sl" in ser did not look in the loadpath, while in
K any value of loadmodule that was not started with "/" was searched in
mpath, so by appending .so you switch to K style lookup attempt as well.

http://www.asipto.com/