[sr-dev] git:rbetancor/drouting DELETED: * core

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Jul 2 21:00:47 CEST 2009

On Jul 02, 2009 at 18:45, Ra?l Alexis Betancor Santana <rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 July 2009 18:40:30 Raul Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> > Module: sip-router
> > Branch: rbetancor/drouting DELETED
> > Commit: 1c5d19277a14e71167c81665d6de8173e61a2ccb
> >
> > Author: Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>
> > Committer: Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>
> > Date:   Fri Jun 19 16:40:24 2009 +0300
> >
> > * core
>
> ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!! ... All I want was to push my local changes to the remote
> rbetancor/drouting  branch ...
>
> I did:
>
> git push origin :rbetancor/drouting and get this ...
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is the command for deleting the remote betancor/drouting branch :-)
If you don't specify a local branch ( :something instead of
local_branch:something) the action is to delete it.

> Are my chagelogs lost ?

No. They are present on your local repo and they can be recovered also at
the remote repo as long as you remember the top commit hash ( unless
somebody runs garbage collection several times on the repo). In your
case recovery is very easy since I assume you still have your local
branch (you only need to push again but this time don' forget to add
your local branch in front of ':'). Otherwise (no local branch or at
another machine):
git push 1c5d19277a14e71167c81665d6de8173e61a2ccb:betancor/drouting
should work too.

> I could see with a git branch that on my local side all is ok ... how could I
> fix this issue ?
>
> Sorry for the inconveniences, I'm new to git, I have worked with cvs and
> svn .. but not with distributed code management systems like git ... :-(

No problem, everyone of us has made at least one mistake.

Andrei