[sr-dev] command name sercmd hardwired in Makefile

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:05:25 CEST 2009

On 07/01/2009 07:50 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > I do not think every utility has to be renamed. Anyhow there are kamctl
>  > and serctl that do different things and they have to be kept.
>
> i'm not asking renaming of all utilities.  in fact, i'm not asking to
> rename any, but a POSSIBILITY to configure the name of serctl that deals
> with core and should thus be independent from ser or kamailio.

there is a problem now because of different database schemas. if you use
kamailio modules, then you have to stick to kamctl and not use serctl.
All these renaming done right now will create confusion as many things
get broken while testing and most of documentation is not updated.

kamctl can communicate with core via MI, sercmd communicates via RPC.
Because I added a new rpc command, most of MI stuff (not all) can be
executed via rpc as well, otherwise would have been useless for kamailio
modules users. However that does not make kamctl obsolete at all.

It is very easy to do a search/replace in code, but what about all
references in web documentation?

I fail to see the reason for all this mess right now, when we haven't
finished with code integration. For those writing docs to help testers
is hard to manage all those. I wrote wiki tutorials that shows how to
get default config file running with sip router core. Just have in mind
that ad-hoc renaming breaks many things.

Daniel

http://www.asipto.com/